The Super Secret 6 Pac Exercise
It’s that time to talk about my favorite (and your favorite) body part again folks. The 6 Pac! And here I’m going to share with you an exercise that is so top secret that no one else can know about it… except you :). Just so that you can achieve the body you know you deserve.
Why am I sharing secrets?
Well… I’ve already got a 6 pac and I don’t benefit from keeping information on ‘how to build a 6 pac’ to myself. Besides… building a 6 pac is down to what you do and not what I tell you to do.
Any how the secret exercise is,
The cable core press
And in similar fashion to the hip raise exercise I shared with you a couple of weeks back, this exercise is deceiving. It might not look like you are doing much when you are performing this exercise, but that right there is the secret. Less is sometimes more.
Most of the exercises that I cover require that you to workout like a mad barbarian with the whole ‘no pain, no gain’ agenda in mind. But the best way to build your abs and make it look like you have swallowed a radiator is to actually prevent movement of your core. Enough of me talking, here’s how you do it
1. Find a cable station in your gym.
2. Grab one of the handles with a hand over grip.
3. Line the pully up with your chest.
4. Stand so that you are facing the weights.
5. Make sure that your feet are shoulder width apart and keep your knees bent.
6. Bring the handle towards your chest and tense your abs.
7. Push your arms out in front of you (dead straight), hold for a few seconds and bring them back.
8. That is one set. Repeat on your other side.
- 3 sets
- 8 – 10 reps
- 1 minute rest between each set
This exercise is all about control of the weight and not how much weight you can stack and lift. Overloading the machine will lead you to perform the exercise incorrectly.
It’s up to you where you wish to place this exercise in your weightlifting routine. It’s not a really demanding exercise, so you can position it where you wish.
Have you tried this exercise before, or something similar?
See you in the comments.
Incoming search terms:
- cable core press (34)
- width required of body for doing six pac exercise (3)
- how to keep fit pacs (1)